Blogger Backgrounds

Have you had your Oatmeal

If you are having problems with your cholesterol. You may want to try eating oatmeal to bring your cholesterol numbers down. Well you might be thinking "Yea Right", that can't be true. I can attest to the fact that oatmeal does work in reducing your cholesterol. A few years ago, I wasn't really concerned about my cholesterol. My numbers were high and I wasn't giving it much thought. After having a discussion with my doctor and hearing how this can affect my arteries. I simply woke up and paid attention.

I started to eat less eggs and bacon. I even stopped eating bagels with cream cheese, that was a favorite of mine. This is not to say you can't have things occassionaly. Although if you want to reduce your cholesterol, you will limit the intake of those foods. I've done it! And it really has worked for me. My cholesterol when last taken, was 70, that is also without any cholesterol medication. So, when you go have your physical, or if you see your doctor on a regular basis, then most likely your know your numbers. Pay close attention and decide to make some changes in what you eat.

The benefits out-weigh the bad food your stuffing yourself with. You will be less likely to have heart disease or a stroke. You also may feel much better with diet and exercise changes. If you don't like oatmeal then you can try some other foods, such as nuts, olive oil and fish. Try working these foods into your diet and bring your cholesterol down to a healthy level. Let's try and stay health people. 

Here is a link for more ways to reduce your cholesterol.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00002

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mom just gave a me a bag of oatmeal this afternoon!

I've been really getting serious about getting healthy and my parents were telling me that since they've added oatmeal to their diet months ago, their cholesterol counts have gone down. My Dad suffered a heart attack a few years ago and has totally changed his diet.

Eating healthy and incorporating some exercise hasn't been as hard as I though it would be. Thank you for this post!!

kemarias said...

Blessings to your family may they continue to live in good health. Your right about the exercise Luana, if you put your mind to it. It's not so bad. My Dad just had a pacemaker put in. And he doesn't eat healthy. He is type 1 diabetic also. I will continue to pray that he makes some changes in his 79 year old stubborn life. :) God bless and if you can eat nuts they are good for the cholesterol too! Thanks for your comment.

Post a Comment