Blogger Backgrounds

Eating Out

A few days ago, I went out with my family to Citrus Park Mall, here in Tampa, Florida. It's really great when you can get out and enjoy some family time. As you know, I haven't been out much since being ill with my Graves Disease. I've had times where I could barely walk across the room. That kept me from getting out the house and roaming the neighborhood. LOL!  Now that I'm better, I can walk to the neighborhood 7-11 or other stores. Sometimes I even venture to WalMart, if its not too hot. I do have a problem with hot temperatures. I even have a problem with cold temperatures. These are symptoms of the hyperthyroid (Graves Disease). This is something that occurs often and you always have to deal with it.


I went with my family and of course they wanted to get something to eat. This may be a simple thing to most people. However, for me it may be a waiting time bomb. I know that sounds crazy right. Well its the truth and its something I deal with. I entered the eatery and sat down to think about what I would order. Should I eat or just get some popcorn or nachos in the movie theater. My stomach was saying it was time to eat and to prevent my bloodsugars from getting low. It was about time to go ahead and have a meal. I sat there pondering what I was going to eat and from which vendor.


Finally, I decided on Bourban Street and not without a lot of hesitation. The problem is that some years ago, I was diagnosed with IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrone. I really don't have as much problems with my bowels now, like I had previously. Sometimes I would go to work and all of  a sudden I would get this bubbling in my stomach and I knew what that meant. It's like that person you see in the commercial, trying to find a toilet. Yea, that was me first thing in the morning and most of the time after eating. I was a bus driver, so that posed a problem sometimes. It was pretty irritating to the point that I seeked out medical attention. I pretty much had to watch what I ate all the time.


Anyway, I decided on getting food from Bourban Street and I ordered a meal. Honey Chicken, Broccoli and Lo Mein. Was it good? Well it was very good. I ate most of it until I was full. Then after the movie, I had a cup of coffee, and a chocolate chip cookie. Ok, that was a nice evening out for me with the family. I went home and chatted with everyone and then I went to bed. The next day, I begin to have the problem. As a matter of fact, it was a all day thing going to the bathroom. I felt so drained after going through that all day. I just kinda stayed in my room to be close to the bathroom. Well it finally left my stomach and I asked my daughter what she thought about it. She said, she was having the same problem. So was it the food or my irritable Bowel.


In any case, I will stick to my plan when I go out and try and eat things that don't bother my stomach. It's easier said then done. I must say though, I have less bouts now. That means I do try and watch what Im putting in my stomach. Does it work all the time? No. But most of the time its working.
Stay healthy and enjoy your summer. see ya soon!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Since having my gallbladder removed I have to be careful of what I eat too, especially foods that are high in fat. I'm always hesitant and careful when eating out. What's funny is that you would think that because I have to avoid foods high in fat, I would be a lot thinner! LOL

kemarias said...

Yea its funny how our bodies work. I think its the metabolism and how fast it makes the calories move out.LOL

Post a Comment